For Former Students:

Please print out the application form, and follow the instructions below.


1.How to apply

○ Apply in person at the CSE office counter (open Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5.00pm)
Please fill out an application form for certificates and submit it to the CSE office.
Certificates can not be issued on the same day, so please come to the office later with
a personal identification to receive them.
If you wish the certificates to be posted, please bring a self-addressed stamped envelope.

○ Apply by Mail (in Japan)
Please send the followings to the CSE office:

  • A completed application form
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope
  • A photocopy of a personal identification (e.g. driver’s license)
  • ※Applications by telephone, fax, and email are not acceptable.

○ Apply by Mail (From Overseas)
Graduates living overseas must nominate a person living in Japan such as your supervisor or acquaintance to apply for and collect certificates on your behalf.
Please enclose International Reply Coupon (IRC) in case you request from overseas.

Points to note:

  • If you do not remember student ID number, please leave it blank.
  • If you need several certificates, please write each purpose and place where the certificates will be submitted.
  • If you have a prescribed form for a certificate, please inform us how to fill out it.
  • If you need a certificate of a completion of course requirements for qualification examinations, please attach their guidebook too.
  • Please apply well in advance. The certificates will not be dispatched until a self-addressed stamped envelope has been received.
  • Postal charge can not be paid later.
  • Estimate of postage and envelope size
The number of Certificates Envelope size Postage
One to two 12cm x 23.5cm 84 yen
(Express 344 yen)
hree to four 12cm x 23.5cm 94 yen
(Express 354 yen)
Five and more 12cm x 23.5cm 140 yen ~

* For further information about the postage, please check the website of Japan Post.

2.Days required to issue certificates
Transcript (Japanese)
Certificate of Completion (Japanese)
About 3 working days
Transcript (English)
Certificate of Completion (English)
About 3 working days
Certificate of Degree About 3 working days
Special Request Certificates About 5 working days

※1: The above days are not including delivery time.
※2: We will not accept any applications at the weekends, national holidays, summer vacation and the new year’s holidays.

3.Apply Here

Academic Affairs Section
CSE Office
Graduate School of Chemical Sciences and Engineering
Hokkaido University
Kita-13, Nish-8, Kita-Ku, Sapporo
Hokkaido 060-8628 JAPAN
Tel +81 (11) 706 7247 (Mon to Fri 8.30am-5.00pm)

For current students:

The following certifications of your current program are issued with ACM (Automatic Certificate Machine):

  • Certificate of University Registration
  • Transcript (It is updated at the end of September and March.)
  • Certificate of Prospective Completion (Second-year students in master program only)
  • Student discount travel card / Student Discount Certificates (up to 5 certificates per day)
  • Health Certificate

※1: For further details, please refer to student handbook.
※2: If you require certificate in English or other certificates, please place an order to CSE office.